Man injured in kitchen fire

July 1, 2024 10:37 am in by

A Devonport man has been treated for burns following a kitchen fire at the weekend.

Emergency services were called to a house in Durkins Road, Quoiba around 7.30 pm on Saturday night following a triple zero call.

An oil fire in the kitchen of the house was quickly extinguished, with the damage confined to the kitchen.

Article continues after this ad

A male occupant of the home was treated by paramedics for burns to both of his hands.

Authorities are reminding householders of the dangers associated with fat and oil used for cooking and not to leave them unattended.