Fried rice: cooker blamed for mall fire
A faulty rice cooker was apparently behind a fire which damaged a shop in Hobart's CBD on Monday night.
A neighbouring business owner raised the alarm when he noticed smoke pouring out of Sup Express in Wellington Walk around half past 6.
Firefighters cut their way through a roller door and extinguished the blaze, which was already somewhat dampened by internal sprinklers.
The fire did around $40,000 damage and the adjacent area had some flooding due to the hose and sprinklers.